Fall Sandlot serves as a preparatory league for players moving into the Pinto 8U, Mustang 10U and Bronco 12U Divisions. It is also a chance for players returning to these divisions to hone their skills for the upcoming Spring Season. A guaranteed 4 games will be played, but standings are not recorded.
The Sandlot is open for anyone in these age ranges to register, but spaces are limited. All games are played on Saturday afternoons at Derby Grange. Games begin in early September and run through the end of the month.
Registration Fee: $50.00
Junior Pinto: 6 and 7 year old players
It is our coach pitch program. Players will be given 5 swinging strikes before being called out. Each inning carries a 5 run limit.
Age Cutoff is 05/01/2010 and younger.
Junior Mustang: 8 and 9 year old players
The base path is set at 60 feet with the pitcher's mound set at 44 feet. In this division, stealing is allowed; however, home base is closed to stealing. Games will be a mix of live pitching and coach pitching. Each at bat will begin with a live pitcher, but walks will not be allowed. Upon walking the batter, a coach will step in to pitch to the batter (batters will be given 3 swinging strikes against the coach).
Age Cutoff is 05/01/2008 and younger.
Junior Bronco: 10 and 11 year old players
The base path is set at 70 feet with the pitcher's mound set at 48 feet. In this division, the games will be played under full baseball rules: lead offs, balks, drop third strikes, steals, etc…
Age Cutoff is 05/01/2006 and younger.
*Players can play up a division by one age year. Please go to our homepage to check division descriptions: www.dbqpony.org. Please email email@example.com to request to play up. Final approval contingent on player placement evaluation.
**Mustang and Bronco registration closes March 10, 2018. Registration for all other divisions closes April 2, 2018.
By registering for Dubuque PONY LEAGUE you agree to the following:
1. All personal information will be held confidential and only provided to Dubuque PONY League Administration and Coaching Staff on a “Need to Know” basis. Phone number and email contact information is VERY IMPORTANT to allow us to communicate with you about season events.
2. If you are a returning family, your registration Login and Password are the same as last year. Please remember to update any change in email or phone.
3. After entering your information you MUST CLICK the “REGISTER NOW” button for each player and adult volunteer in order to complete the registration. Registrations are NOT COMPLETE UNTIL YOU CLICK “CHECK OUT” on the last page. All registrations (players/adult volunteers) should be completed in the same account.
4. Payment by debit or credit card is due upon registration. To make a request for financial assistance, please contact the REGISTRAR. If financial assistance is granted, a refund will be issued.
5. A $25 LATE REGISTRATION FEE will be strictly applied to ALL REGISTRATIONS posted after the divisional registration deadline. All registrants received after this date will be placed on a team at the discretion of the DPLB Registration Board and prior team assignments are NOT promised or guaranteed.
6. COACHES: If you wish to coach or assist in any way, please register yourself during registration. As per the rules of Dubuque PONY League, all coaching staff must pass a background check prior to coaching. Pinto(8U) coaches are asked to attend a coaching clinic prior to the start of the season.
7. Siblings playing in the same Division will be placed on the same team. TeeBall(6U) and Pinto(8U) assignments are done on a random basis. Non-sibling requests at the TeeBall(6U) and Pinto(8U) Divisions will be considered, but are NOT GUARANTEED. Non-sibling requests will not be considered at the Bronco(10U), Mustang(12U), PONY(14U) and Palamino(18) Divisions.
8. Residence rules require that all proof of residence for World Series players be dated BEFORE June 2016. Please make copies of residency paperwork prior to this date. Dubuque PONY League's franchise boundaries cover all of Dubuque County(IA), Grant County (WI) and Jo Davies County(IL).